Finnish Cultural Foundation Residency at MORPHO
Finnish Cultural Foundation and MORPHO present a residency at MORPHO
Open call for residencies: August - December 2024
Deadline for applications: 31 August 2023
Finnish Cultural Foundation and MORPHO inaugurate their collaboration in 2024 within the scope of MORPHO’s international residency programme. The Finnish Cultural Foundation supports the participation of an artist based in Finland for a 5-month long residency at MORPHO, in the period of August 1 – December 31 2024.
· artistic guidance and practical assistance
· studio visits and field trips introducing you to the local art scene
· a private bedroom in the residency house, including shared kitchen, bathroom and living room
· an individual work space of 20-40 m2 in a former monastery with garden
· a network of facilities for specific productions
· online presentation of the artist’s work
· free access to most exhibitions and events at Kunsthal Extra City.
Finnish Cultural Foundation covers
· Travel costs are covered according to the guidelines of the Foundation
· A working grant for five months
About Finnish Cultural Foundation
The Finnish Cultural Foundation is to promote and develop cultural and economic life in Finland. In line with this, the Foundation provides grants to individuals and groups working in the sciences and the arts, and to people and organisations in other fields of intellectual and cultural endeavour. The Foundation also supports larger projects through grants. In addition to providing grants, the Foundation also arranges courses, lectures, and other events in the arts, sciences, and other fields, and maintains an art collection.
The application is open only for Finnish visual artists or visual artists based in Finland who are permitted to travel and reside in Belgium for the duration of the residency.