MORPHO Residency at MeetFactory
MeetFactory and MORPHO inaugurate their collaboration in 2023 within the scope of MeetFactory’s international residency programme in Prague, Czech Republic, annually hosting over thirty artists. MeetFactory supports the residency of a Belgian-based artist going to Prague.
The residency lasts for 2 months, in the period of August 1 – September 30, 2023.
• artistic guidance and practical assistance from the staff
• a programme of studio visits
• accommodation in a shared apartment
• an individual work space, equipped with basic furniture, lighting, electricity and Wi-Fi
• open studio presentation of the artist’s work
Up to 200 euros round trip travel costs are covered. The residency also provides a 700 euros monthly fee and a one-time production aid of 200 euros.
● the residency is an added value for the artist’s practice
● the project benefits from the residency community and context
● the artist’s motivation aligns with what the residency offers
Application (in English)
● motivation letter (approx. 300 words)
● project proposal (approx. 300 words)
● portfolio of works and artist CV
Please submit all files in that order and in a single PDF (max. size 10MB, 10 pages) to email@example.com, with the subject ‘Open call MeetFactory Residency’.
The applications are collectively selected by a jury including MeetFactory’s and MORPHO’s artistic teams.
Application deadline: April 2, 2023
Announcement of results: May 1, 2023
Founded in 2008, MORPHO is a non-profit organisation dedicated to artistic development. We give time, space and resources to artists by means of residencies and studios, with the aim of fostering a dynamic and sustainable context for artistic work. As a studio provider, we rent out workspaces in a growing number of buildings in and around the city of Antwerp. As an artist residency, we annually host around 20 residents from Belgium and abroad whom we support in their projects and trajectories.
MeetFactory in Prague is a non-for-profit international center for contemporary art. They support original projects in the fields of visual arts, theater and music. They aim to create a space where art is alive, and artists are present, enhancing a direct exchange between international artists and the visitors, as well as between different disciplines and generations. Established in 2007, the centre operates the largest studio programme in Central Europe.
For further information: meetfactory.cz/en/program/rezidence