UFO Visitors Programme #3 – NUCLEO & De Tank
UFO Visitors Programme #3 invites six international visual arts curators for a tailor-made programme. The programme aims to connect artists in Flanders with people and platforms that have a particular attention for the development and presentation of emerging artists’ practices, to exchange knowledge and experience, and to nurture a network of references and opportunities.
This third edition is organised by NUCLEO and De Tank, co-organised with Flanders Art Institute. Passing four days in Ghent and Bruges from 19 to 22 October, the visiting curators will meet local artists at studio visits and other professional events. On October 20 there will be a public part in which artists from Flanders can participate.
Public programme (FULL)
Join the conversation on Thursday 20 October at 6pm in Kunsthal Ghent and learn about international support and opportunities for visual artists. After each curator has presented their organisation, we will dive into their knowledge and network in smaller groups. The conversation will be held in English.
The visiting curators are:
- Sophie Dogterom, Programmer Visual Arts De Brakke Grond (Amsterdam, NL)
- Juha Huuskonen, Director HIAP (Helsinki, FI)
- Frank Lamb, Artist Development Coordinator East Street Arts (Leeds, UK)
- Matthew Nevin, Co-director MART Gallery & Studios (Dublin, IE)
- Alberta Romano, Curator Kunsthalle Lissabon (Lisbon, PT)
- Kate West, Senior Producer East Street Arts (Leeds, UK)
UFO is the platform of studio organisations MORPHO, Cas-co (Leuven), De Tank (Bruges), Level Five (Brussels), NUCLEO (Ghent) and VONK (Hasselt-Genk). UFO actively thinks about sustainable solutions and creative models to keep (and anchor) artists in the city, both on a local and a Flemish level. Each visitors programme is hosted by two different partners.